Are We Fractured?
If you read the definition of that familiar word we hear so much about today, “fractured”, you’ll find in Webster’s Dictionary synonyms such as:
…..and so on. My question today is, “Are we really so ‘fractured’ that we cannot agree to disagree and instead unite to do what must be done to save our precious Republic? Save our State? Save our County?”
During primary season, you often witness some Republicans smearing and attacking their Republican opponents. They seem to revel more in fracturing their own party than standing up for their principles, defining their merits and fighting their TRUE opponents - the Democrats and Socialists. It begs the questions, “Where is the courage of conviction nowadays? Where is running a race because you truly believe your principles are better than your Democrat opponents?”
Instead of letting some people fracture us, we need to get back to the roots of good, honest campaigns, debates and grassroots efforts. We need to leave the internal fights behind closed doors. We must stay focused on the goal of beating the Democrats because the survival of our country depends on it. Can we put differences aside to fight for the principles that we believe in? I think we can. It’s time to stop, put egos aside, regroup, and join together to stand for America. To do anything other than stand for America is a distraction. A complete and utter distraction from fighting for truth, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness.
I call on every single Republican member of the Cobb County Republican Party to put differences aside, come together, unite, stay focused, remove the labels, and work together remembering that, at the base of it all, we believe in the Republican Principles as listed below – don’t we?
I AM A REPUBLICAN BECAUSE…
- I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
- I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age, or disability.
- I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.
- I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
- I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
- I BELIEVE the most effective, responsible, and responsive government is government closest to the people.
- I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
- I BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
- FINALLY, I believe the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
Across the nation, the party struggles with the results of the 2020 elections – not just the Presidential election but the down-ballot elections. We also struggle with the utter mess of the Biden administration. In the wake of 2020, we realize we have to do more, we must be engaged and we have to get involved. We realize that we can and must look ahead to the 2022 elections. We can make a difference in what happens in the future! We must stay united and not fractured and we must work together! If we focus on what we can agree on, we can see successes - a future of working together to do what America has never done before! While there is much work to be done, it is an exciting time to be involved, engaged and a part of the Republican efforts to save our Republic.
Please join us. 2022 has already gotten off to a sprint with a House District 45 Special Election and primaries fast approaching in May. The Cobb GOP is hyper-focused on turning out grassroots door knockers, staffing an army of poll watchers to secure our vote and winning all these elections. Our new volunteer management system will help us build this army. Go to our website and let us know how you want to volunteer to help us! Remember, we have more similarities than differences. Let’s unite, not fracture! Let’s get busy winning!