The GOP is looking for a few good candidates to be the ballot this fall!
If you ever wanted to run for office, this next week is your chance! If you missed the alert last week, here's nearly everything you need to know to qualify for the GOP ballot this week!
QUALIFYING begins at 9:00 AM on MARCH 2, 2020 and ends at 12:00 NOON on MARCH 6, 2020.
The Cobb County Republican Party will be open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Thu and Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for candidates to qualify. The phone number for the Cobb GOP office is (770) 272-0458 .
Candidates may pay their qualifying fees by money order, cashiers check, or in cash. Personal or campaign checks will not be accepted!
The following COUNTY partisan offices qualify with the Cobb County Republican Party at Republican Party Headquarters, 799 Roswell Street NE, Marietta, GA 30060:
- Commission Chairman
- Clerk of State Court
- Clerk of Superior Court
- Tax Commissioner
- County Commissioner, District 4
- County Commissioner, District 2
- County School Board (Districts 1, 3, 5 & 7)
The following FEDERAL & STATE partisan offices qualify with one of the State parties at the Georgia Capital:
- U.S. Senate
- U. S. Representative (Congress) (All Districts)
- Public Service Commissioner (Districts 1 & 4)
- State Senator (All Districts)
- State Representative (All Districts)
- District Attorney
The following COUNTY nonpartisan offices qualify with Cobb County Elections:
- State Court Judge (Posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7)
- State Court Judge, Division II (Posts 2 & 5)
- Judge of the Probate Court
- Chief Magistrate Judge
The following STATE nonpartisan offices qualify with the Secretary of State:
- Supreme Court Justice (3 seats)
- Court of Appeals Judge (6 seats)
- Superior Court Judge (7 seats)
Candidates may use the following forms and bring them pre-filled out (BUT NOT PRE-SIGNED UNLESS NOTARIZED). All candidates must fill out the first form. Other candidates may be required to fill out the specific form for their office below.
The Cobb GOP will have a notary on site to notarize all documents.
Fees must be paid with a cashiers check, money order, or cash. No personal or campaign checks will be accepted.
Click here for the qualifying fee schedule.
For more information on candidate qualifying, visit https://www.cobbcounty.org/elections/candidates/qualifying-office